As a storytime superhero, you know that March is filled with a variety of read-aloud opportunities! It’s always fun to choose read alouds for Women’s History Month, Read Across America, Saint Patrick’s Day, March Madness, and many other celebrations.
It can be overwhelming to keep track of all these events and activities. Especially when you factor in little learners’ interests. We’ve got you covered with our March Read-Aloud Calendar.
Our calendar for March read-alouds helps you plan for the entire month! Whatever you’re looking for, from bedtime stories to just-in-time books to a variety of read-aloud genres, we’ve got you covered!
Using the March Read-Alouds Calendar
You’re going to fall in love with the features of this calendar!
- There’s a soundscape for every day of the month. Click on the book cover to open the soundscape. You’ll find fun observances and special holidays on the calendar with read-aloud suggestions, too.
- There’s a list of collections curated by our librarian at the bottom right of the calendar. You’ll see themes that fit well with the month. Click on the collection name to open it. There are some incredible soundscapes to choose from once you’re in there!
- The top right lists the read-aloud challenges that are coming up. A read-aloud challenge is an exciting way for Novel Effect fans to discover similar titles. Every time you read books in a challenge collection, you’re automatically entered to receive some pretty sweet treats!
More March Read-Aloud Plans
Read-aloud calendars aren’t the only thing we’ve got for you!
- Find free book activities to save time planning while also reviewing literacy, social skills, and more with your little learners.
- Ready to celebrate Women’s History Month? Check out these learning resources that help students learn more about the accomplishments and contributions of women.
- Are you a basketball fan, or just love a good competition? Participate in our Book Bracket March 6-27. Help us uncover which title should be our next soundscape!
- Looking for something more specific for Saint Patrick’s Day? Checkout all of the shenanigans that we’ve rounded up for you!
Whatever your March read-aloud needs are, we’ve got you covered! From book selection to engaging activities. Let’s make March a magical month!