Front End Engineer
Novel Effect is at the forefront of inventing a whole new category of voice interactive entertainment. Our platform intelligently syncs and blends the user’s voice with special effects, theme music and character voices in real-time, creating an immersive and ambient experience. Our products is to make storytelling a magical experience that kids and families love.
Novel Effect seeks a talented front end engineer to join our growing team of passionate and creative people, in Seattle, WA. The ideal candidate should be capable of thinking critically about a problem and delve deep to solve it, and is not afraid to look under the hood of any open source technologies they are using. As a member of the dev team, you work closely with audio designers and UI designers to create innovative and quality solutions in a dynamic startup environment. Available as full-time or contract.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related fields, or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years experience with front-end development, responsive web design, and scalable architecture
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors, such as Less or Sass
- Knowledge of usability principles, cross-browser compatibility, and HTML document architecture
- Strong understanding of web application security (e.g. XSS, CSRF, CORS)
- Proficient in one or more version control software platforms (e.g. Git, Subversion, Mercurial)
- Test automation framework experience across multiple platforms, such as Selenium, Jest, or Enzyme
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and RESTful web services
- Proficiency in at least one back-end programming language, e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, C#, or Node.js.
- Experience optimizing application performance in various configurations
- Familiarity with Firebase or other BaaS platforms.
- Willingness to mentor junior engineers
- Experience architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply