Pair The Day You Begin Novel Effect read-aloud with no prep book activities to keep students engaged. Select from a dozen activities that support English Language standards and social-emotional learning. As a result of the activities included, students will be able to:
- illustrate the problem and solution.
- write/illustrate about themselves.
- introduce themselves.
- write 3 facts about themselves.
- explore shades of meaning.
- reflect on the book.
- describe the book’s theme.
- play games to learn about each other.
- create a personal word cloud.
- answer comprehension questions during the read-aloud.
- write about and reflect on the story.
Each activity can be used to differentiate instruction for students, to offer them a choice in learning, or to focus on a specific skill.