Amy Wu and the Patchwork Dragon Activities
Round up your students and inspire them to analyze characters, retell the story, and learn new vocabulary. These no-prep Amy Wu and the Patchwork Dragon activities keep students engaged while supporting English Language Arts. As a result of the activities included, students will be able to:
- illustrate and describe a dragon.
- write character traits.
- sequence the story.
- describe solutions to problems in the story.
- consider Amy’s feelings throughout the book.
- define and illustrate story vocabulary.
- respond to writing prompts.
- draw a dragon with directions.
- construct a dragon from recycled materials.
- reflect on and respond to comprehension questions and writing prompts.
Activities can be used to differentiate instruction for students, to provide them with a choice, or to focus on a particular skill.
Download Amy Wu and the Patchwork Dragon Activities
To print or download PDFs of Amy Wu and the Patchwork Dragon activities, click the blue button below. Then select “print” or “download” from the options in the upper right corner of the new window that opens. If the PDF doesn’t appear below, try refreshing your browser window.
About this Book:
Amy loves to craft, but gets creatively stuck while making a dragon. Not happy with how her design initially comes out, she’s not sure how to make a dragon that feels like hers. She finds inspiration from her Grandma’s story, and the family gathers round to chip in. Helping Amy craft a dragon that is perfectly hers.
Download the Novel Effect App to bring stories to life with music and sounds that respond to your voice.