The Leaf Thief Activities You'll Fall For
Squirrel’s leaf is missing, and he’s on the hunt for it. With The Leaf Thief activities, students can recall and sequence the story; unlike Squirrel. Beleaf it or not, these no prep book activities keep students engaged with over two dozen activities that support English Language Arts and Science. Through the activities included, students will be able to:
- color and trace.
- construct sentences.
- complete writing prompts.
- write/illustrate about 5 senses.
- compare and contrast seasons.
- determine a cause and effect of weather.
- sort rhyming words.
- sort nouns and verbs.
- sequence the story.
- determine the author’s purpose.
- make fall themed bulletin board decor.
- learn why leaves change color.
- reflect on and respond to discussion questions and writing prompts.
You can use the activities to differentiate instruction for students, to give them a choice, or to focus on one particular skill.
Download the Leaf Thief Activities
Click the blue button below to download or print The Leaf Thief activities. Select “print” or “download” from the options in the upper right corner of the new window. Check your browser’s refresh button if the PDF doesn’t appear.
About This Soundscape
Good gourd! Squirrel lost a leaf! Where did it disappear? Throughout this playful soundscape, Squirrel goes looking for the missing leaf. Listeners enjoy Squirrel’s exasperation as he asks his woodland friends if they took his leaf.