The Dot Activities Make a Mark
When you pair The Dot with Novel Effect, your next read-aloud will make a lasting impression. Using The Dot Activities, students are academically and creatively engaged. Choose from over 20 activities that support English Language Arts, Math, and Art. By participating in the activities included, students will be able to:
- draw a picture beginning with a dot.
- create a pattern with dots.
- illustrate an art show.
- write about themselves.
- describe Vashti with character traits.
- write how Vashti changed.
- complete Venn diagram.
- complete Frayer model.
- complete sentence starters.
- write sentences using story vocabulary.
- creates an art gallery.
- make art with plates, thumbprints, cotton swabs, or candy.
- learn a new skill.
- better understand growth mindset.
- reflect on the story through discussion questions and writing prompts.
- Quizziz for the book!
Differentiate instruction, offer students a choice, or focus on a specific skill with each activity.
Download The Dot Activities
To print or download PDFs of The Dot activities, click the dark grey box in the upper right corner below. Then select “print” or “download” from the options in the upper right corner of the new window that opens. If the PDF doesn’t appear below, try refreshing your browser window.
About the Book
In Peter H. Reynolds’s The Dot, readers learn how to take risks and develop a growth mindset. With the Novel Effect soundscape, readers can feel how it feels to become more confident and proud of their creative abilities.