I Promise Activities for Growth Mindset
When reading aloud the book I Promise with Novel Effect, pair it with no prep book activities to continue learning. Choose from over a dozen activities that support English Language Arts and Growth Mindset. Through the included activities, students will be able to:
- draw a picture of a dream they have.
- write and illustrate one promise.
- write 4 of their own promises.
- write questions for the author.
- illustrate promises from the book.
- write examples of promises from the book.
- practice rhyme using words from the story.
- write sentences with story vocabulary.
- sketch their visualization of sounds from the soundscape.
- learn about the author, LeBron James.
- share their promises with other people.
- reflect on story elements through discussion questions and writing prompts.
Activities can be used to differentiate instruction, offer students a choice in learning, or focus on specific skills.
Download I Promise Activities
To print or download PDFs of I Promise activities, click the dark grey box in the upper right corner below. Then select “print” or “download” from the options in the upper right corner of the new window that opens. If the PDF doesn’t appear below, try refreshing your browser window.
About This Book:
The basketball player and author LeBron James shares his secrets to success in his book I Promise. As LeBron shares in the book, he makes promises to himself, his family, and his community. A rhythmic text inspires readers to do their best both in and out of the classroom.