Can I Be Your Dog Activities that are Pawsome
Pair the Can I Be Your Dog Novel Effect read-aloud with no prep book activities to keep students engaged. Select from over a dozen activities that support English Language Arts and Map Skills. As a result of the activities included, students will be able to:
- illustrate parts of the story.
- describe their dream dog.
- sort words in ABC order.
- compare and contrast with a Venn Diagram.
- complete letters by filling in blanks.
- create a map based on the story.
- sequence the story.
- create a thank you card based on the story.
- write a chain letter.
- build a model town.
- learn their address.
- reflect on story elements through discussion questions and writing prompts.
Use each activity to differentiate instruction for students, to offer them a choice in learning, or to focus on a specific skill.
Download Can I Be Your Dog Activities
To print or download PDFs of Can I Be Your Dog activities, click the dark grey box in the upper right corner below. Then select “print” or “download” from the options in the upper right corner of the new window that opens. If the PDF doesn’t appear below, try refreshing your browser window.
About this Book:
In Can I Be Your Dog by Troy Cumming, Arfy names all of his positive traits for being the perfect pet, teaching readers how to persuade.