Chrysanthemum Activities That are Dandelion
Pair Chrysanthemum Novel Effect read-aloud with no prep book activities to keep students engaged. Select from over 20 activities that support English Language Arts and Math. As a result of the activities included, students will be able to:
- color a Chrysanthemum.
- trace the main character.
- illustrate their favorite meal.
- create a new book cover.
- complete word work.
- complete a Venn diagram.
- write about character traits.
- sort vocabulary words.
- write about the book’s theme.
- complete a Chrysanthemum craft.
- interact with story vocabulary.
- play name games.
- make a name acrostic poem.
- reflect on story elements through discussion questions and writing prompts.
Use each activity to differentiate instruction for students, to offer them a choice in learning, or to focus on a specific skill.
Download Chrysanthemum Activities
To print or download PDFs of Chrysanthemum activities, click the dark grey box in the upper right corner below. Then select “print” or “download” from the options in the upper right corner of the new window that opens. If the PDF doesn’t appear below, try refreshing your browser window.
About this Book:
Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes teaches readers the importance of names. It teaches them to respect everyone’s name and treat them with kindness.