Going Places Activities
Students will take flight with the Going Places activities. Select from over a dozen activities that support English Language Arts and STEM. As a result of the included activities, students will be able to:
- sequence the story.
- design a unique go kart for the race.
- create a contest of their own.
- define story vocabulary.
- write sentences with story vocabulary.
- reflect on the story.
- complete word puzzles.
- construct and design a paper car.
- create a collaborative inchworm.
- make a vehicle out of recycled materials.
- reflect on and respond to discussion questions and writing prompts.
Activities can be used to differentiate instruction for students, to provide them with a choice, or to focus on a particular skill.
Download Going Places Activities
To print or download PDFs of Going Places activities, click the blue button below. Then select “print” or “download” from the options in the upper right corner of the new window that opens. If the PDF doesn’t appear below, try refreshing your browser window.
About the Book
It’s time for the annual go-kart contest and everyone is ready to build according to the directions. That is, except for Maya. She uses her imagination to create a go-kart that takes flight like no other. In the process, she and her classmates learn the value of collaboration and taking risks.