Out of This World Mae Among the Stars Activities
Mae Jemison is an inspiration. Growing up, she pursued her dreams and worked hard to achieve them. The Mae Among the Stars activities encourages students to think about Mae’s character and determination. Choose from over a dozen no-prep English Language Arts activities. Through the activities included, students will be able to:
- complete a maze.
- complete a cloze reading passage.
- write a diary entry from Mae’s perspective.
- illustrate and caption a scene from the book.
- write facts and opinions about Mae Jemison.
- write character traits about Mae Jemison.
- solve word searches.
- Reflect on and respond to discussion questions and writing prompts.
- create an inspirational message.
- step into the character’s shoes.
- collect artifacts for their dream job.
Activities can be used to differentiate instruction for students, to provide them with a choice, or to focus on a particular skill.
Download Mae Among the Stars Activities
To print or download PDFs of Mae Among the Stars activities, click the blue button below. Then select “print” or “download” from the options in the upper right corner of the new window that opens. If the PDF doesn’t appear below, try refreshing your browser window.
About the Book
Mae dreamed of dancing in space as a child. Listen to Mae’s curiosity, intelligence, and determination pave the way for her incredible success at NASA as the first African American woman to travel in space. You will be inspired by the sounds of Mae’s dreams.