Pair Misty Copeland activities with the Novel Effect soundscape. Select from a range of activities that support English Language Arts standards and skills.
As a result of the included activities, students will be able to:
- illustrate themselves on a book cover.
- illustrate Misty on stage.
- illustrate and write about a dream of theirs.
- write about a goal.
- illustrate figurative language.
- work on story vocabulary.
- research Misty Copeland.
- reflect on and respond to comprehension questions and writing prompts.
Activities can be used to differentiate instruction for students, to provide them with a choice, or to focus on a particular skill.
Download Firebird Activities
To print or download PDFs of Firebird activities, click the blue button below. Then select “print” or “download” from the options in the upper right corner of the new window that opens. If the PDF doesn’t appear below, try refreshing your browser window.
About the Book
Misty Copeland shares a story of a young girl. Through the book, she encourages young girls to gain faith in their abilities. Outlining steps to do so, she highlights hard work and dedication. In the end, other young girls will have the ability to be a firebird.